English - Spanish - Italian
Prehistoric shelter used during the Aurignacien era. Free access. "Sentier de l'abri" course connecting the Aurignacien museum-forum to the original archaeological site. Unusual walk. A way to extend the museum visit in the middle of the nature.
Discovered by chance in 1852 in Aurignac's town, this cave was excavated in 1860 by the famous palaeontologist Edouard Lartet. Remains of animals, tools and hunting weapons from the begining of the upper Palaeolithic era were discevered on site. Since 1913, this place is the eponymous Aurignacien's place.
- Archeological site
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)
- Historical sites and monuments
- Visites en : English Spanish Italian
- Durée visite groupe : 60 min
- Durée visite individuelle : 01 h
ID : PCUMID031FS00984