In 1283, Abbot Taillefer, superior of the Cistercian abbey of Nizors, founded the bastide town of Boulogne. The church was started around this time but finalised later. It used to have a rectangular plan. Side chapels were added in the 15th century. The base of the square tower forms a vaulted porch, supported by large square pillars. The spire above the bell tower was destroyed by lightning in 1883 and rebuilt in 1890. The lower part is one of the rare testimonies of 14th century bastide architecture.
- Historical sites and monuments
- Visites en : French
- Durée visite groupe : 60 min
- Durée visite individuelle : 01 h
ID : PCUMID031V5057CI